Do you need assistance with housing?

Are you eligible for social housing?

To be eligible for social housing, clients must:

  • Be a citizen or have permanent residency in Australia, and
  • Be resident in New South Wales (NSW), and
  • Establish their identity, and
  • Have a household income within the income eligibility limits, and
  • Not own any assets or property which could reasonably be expected to resolve their housing need, and
  • Be able to sustain a successful tenancy, with or without support, and
  • If applicable, make repayments of any former debts to a social housing provider, and
  • In general, be at least 18 years of age.
  • Be able to provide evidence to confirm or support  the above requirements

How to apply for Community Housing

To apply for Social Housing you can contact our office to access the Application Pack or you can click on the link below.

Once your application is completed and you have all your supporting documents, you will need to attend your local Homes Out West office for a short assessment interview. Your application will then be processed and your name entered on the state wide Housing waiting list.

Do you need assistance with Private Rental?

Private Rental Assistance provides financial assistance for eligible clients to help them set up or maintain a tenancy in the private rental market.

For more information about products that may assist you please click the link below


Are you homeless, have nowhere safe to stay tonight or unable to solve your own housing needs?

If you are homeless or think you will become homeless in Albury, Deniliquin or surrounding areas call or visit;

The HUB:
562 Macauley St, Albury.


1800 885 355 (business hrs only)

Vinnies Services: Inala House,

74 Wellington St, Deniliquin.

Phone 03 5881 7411 (business hrs only)

If you have nowhere to stay tonight and need urgent accommodation call the state-wide 24/7 phone service:

Links 2 Home


1800 152 152