Are you an existing tenant?
At Homes Out West we acknowledge that tenants have a right:
• To be treated with respect, in a fair and non-discriminatory manner at all times.
• To a safe and secure housing at all times.
• To give feedback about the services provided by our organization.
• To appeal any decision taken by the organization regarding their housing.
• To be fully informed of your rights and responsivities as community housing tenants.
• To use advocates.
As a tenant of Homes Out West you have the responsibility:
• To take appropriate care of the premises.
• To pay rent on time.
• To report the need for any repairs or maintenance.
• To not alter or make additions to your property.
• To not cause a nuisance.
• To not interfere with the peace, comfort and privacy of neighbours.
• To not use premises for illegal purposes.
• To give correct notice when you leave.
• To leave premises in the same conditions as when you first started your lease, except for normal wear and tear.
Report a maintenance issue
For repairs and maintenance please call the Homes Out West office on 1300 038 233
We will arrange for a contracted tradesperson to carry out the required repairs. With permission we will provide your contact details to the tradesperson who will contact you to arrange a suitable time to attend your property.
For urgent repairs after hours please contact the tradesperson on your lease. If you are unable to locate these details, please call our maintenance number and leave your name, address and a detailed message. A staff member will monitor these calls 7 days a week and respond when necessary.
Maintenance work will be attended to within the following timeframes.
Emergency: Within 24 Hours
Urgent: Within 5 Working days
Routine: Within 28 Days