Do you need assistance with housing?
Are you eligible for social housing?
To be eligible for social housing, clients must:
• Be a citizen or have permanent residency in Australia, and
• Be a resident in New South Wales (NSW), and
• Establish their identity, and
• Have a household income within the income eligibility limits, and
• Not own any assets or property which could reasonably be expected to resolve their housing need, and
• Be able to sustain a successful tenancy, with or without support, and
• If applicable, make repayments of any former debts to a social housing provider, and
• In general, be at least 18 years of age.
• Be able to provide evidence to confirm or support the above requirements
In order to submit your application, you will need to provide evidence to demonstrate that you and your household meet the general eligibility criteria for housing assistance. To assess your eligibility for housing assistance, you must provide evidence for yourself and each person on your application aged 18 years and over. If you and your partner are under 18 years of age you must also provide this evidence.
How to apply for Community Housing
You can apply for Housing Assistance in NSW either online or by phone. The online form is the quickest and simplest way to apply for housing assistance. You just need an email account. You can also apply over the phone. Call the Housing Contact Centre on 1800 422 322, Monday to Friday: between 9 and 5pm to complete your form.
- Call Housing Pathways on 1800 422 322 to apply by phone; or
- Apply online via the following link – http://www.housingpathways.nsw.gov.au/How+to+Apply/
- Expected Waiting times for social Housing – https://www.facs.nsw.gov.au/housing/help/applying-assistance/expected-waiting-times
Are you homeless, have nowhere safe to stay tonight or unable to solve your own housing needs?
If you are homeless or think you will become homeless in Albury, Deniliquin or surrounding areas call or visit;
562 Macauley St, Albury.
Phone: 1800 885 355 (business hrs only)
74 Wellington St, Deniliquin.
Phone: 03 5881 7411 (business hrs only)
If you have nowhere to stay tonight and need urgent accommodation call the state-wide 24/7 phone service:
Links 2 Home
1800 152 152