Information for Real Estate Agents and Private Landlords
If you have a property for rent in Albury, Deniliquin or Moama, you should consider Homes Out West as a tenant. We operate a significant leasehold program, leasing a significant number of properties from private landlords and agents. The property is then sublet to a Homes Out West tenant.
Our lease with you is the standard residential tenancies agreement used in NSW and we have all of the same obligations as any NSW tenant.
We have a separate Residential Tenancy Agreement in place with our tenant, however our agreement with the you is the “superior lease”. This means that both Homes Out West and our tenant are bound by all the conditions we agree with you.
Homes Out West currently has more than 80 separate headlease agreements with property owners and agents.
Benefits for our landlord include:
- We pay a full market rent.
- We pay our rent in advance each month and on time directly to your nominated account.
- We pay any other required charges, e.g. water usage or repairs considered to be a tenant responsibility.
- We take no agent or commission fees from you.
- We undertake regular inspections of properties and we complete initial and final condition reports for the property.
- The property is returned at the end of the lease in a similar condition (less fair wear and tear) as at the commencement of the lease.
- We employ staff who understand the legal obligations of tenants and landlords in NSW and will ensure that the tenancy is professionally managed.
- We manage all reports of required property repairs from our tenant and ensure that only those repairs considered the legal liability of the landlord are referred to the the landlord.
- We can supply a full repairs and maintenance service for our landlords, if this is required.
If you have a property available and are interested in discussing our leasehold program further, please contact our Asset Manager at our Albury or Deniliquin office.